Christian Education and Youth Minister (full-time)
Application deadline is July 14th
Looking for a full-time layperson to become our Christian Education and Youth Minister.
The Christian Education and Youth Minister (CEYM) is a member of the Niantic Community Church Ministry Team. The CEYM reports to the Pastor and works closely with the Christian Education Committee, the oversight committee for CEYM position. The Christian Education and Youth Minister guides and nourishes the children, youth, and adults in learning God’s ways and supports their faith journeys through educational outreach and mission opportunities.
The position purpose is:
- To maintain, develop, and enhance a continuing program of Christian Education for children, youth, and adults;
- To maintain a continuing program of fellowship, service and faith formation for youth;
- To support and advise the Christian Education Committee in attaining the goals of Christian Education at Niantic Community Church;
- To foster discipleship in Church members and friends.
We are a vibrant and active congregation in a beautiful CT shoreline town. NCC is a federated church of the United Church of Christ and the United Methodist Church. We are an Open Affirming Reconciling congregation.
The Church provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status or any other class or status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent work experience required
- Prior work or volunteer experience with youth ministries
- Certification in Youth Ministry
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith
- Ability to foster strong, trusting connections with children, youth and parents
- Strong computer skills, including social media
Some evening and weekend hours required, including Sunday mornings.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org